The NCHS Alumni Scholarship is looking for Alumni to join our team. Our team typically consists of an Executive Director, five Board Members and 8 to 10 Scholarship Committee Members. All team members are volunteers and our mission is simple. We raise $3000 each year to provide three $1000 scholarships to graduating seniors. Qualifications and job descriptions are listed below, as well as some frequently asked questions. Please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us a little about yourself and how you would like to contribute to the team.
· You must be a graduate of NCHS or have a vested interest in our Brooklyn Park/Glen Burnie/Linthicum/Ferndale community
· Undergraduate degree from an accredited school
· Must have email, a phone and access to Dropbox
· Social media skills
· Willingness to reach out to Alumni to help with fundraising
· Make day-to-day operational decisions
· Maintain federal and state compliance
· Coordinate fundraising campaigns and public relations
· Manage website and Facebook page
· Coordinate with the Board of Directors to fulfill the mission
· Serve as the liaison with the Scholarship Selection Committee
· Make decisions regarding fulfilling our mission
· Design the scholarship application for each class, including essay
· Actively participate with fundraising campaigns and public
· The President, Treasurer and Secretary have corresponding
duties typical to the position.
Scholarship Committee Member
· Availability in April to read through scholarship applications
· Use provided rubric to score applicants
· Must have access to Dropbox
What type of organization are we?
The NCHS Alumni Scholarship Fund is incorporated in the State of Maryland and recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) public charity.
Do I need to live in the area?
No. All you need is email, a phone and access to Dropbox.
I graduated from NCHS, AHS or BPHS and currently have children at NCHS. May I be on the team?
Yes. Article 9 of our bylaws addresses duality of interest and states if you are on the team and your child applies for the scholarship, you must disclose this fact. It also goes on to say this person may not vote on, nor use his or her personal influence on, nor participate in the discussions or deliberations of the scholarship application process that year. This scenario has yet to happen, but we have this article just in case.
Do I get paid?
No. All our team members are volunteers.
What is the time commitment?
There are two main times during the year when we are more active – applications in April and fundraising in November/December. Depending on the number of applications that year, it could take several hours to read through them all and score using a provided rubric. Members have the entire month of April to do this. Fundraising is mostly via email and social media, with occasional phone calls.
CONGRATULATIONS to the Class of 2016 recipients!
(Human Services, York College of Pennsylvania)
(Economics, University of Pennsylvania - Wharton)
(Communications, Salisbury University)
Nautica, Carmen and Jordan each received a $1,000 scholarship to help pursue their post-secondary educations. Thank you to all the alumni, family, friends and community who make these scholarships possible through their generous donations each year.
The mission of the North County High School Alumni Scholarship is to support the post-secondary education of graduating seniors. Thanks to the generous support of NCHS, Andover and Brooklyn Park alumni, family, friends and our local community, we have awarded $12,000 in scholarships to 18 well-deserving seniors over the past 6 years.
Incorporated in July 2010, we are passionate about supporting NCHS students and are committed to the long-term success of our scholarship fund.
DONATE via Paypal by clicking the donate button below. With your help, the NCHS Alumni Scholarship Fund will award three (3) $1000 scholarships to the Class of 2017 at the Senior Awards Ceremony in May 2017. Join us in supporting our fellow Knights!
MARYLAND CHARITY CAMPAIGN
We are now participating with the MCC! If you are a Maryland State employee, please consider donating to the NCHS Alumni Scholarship Fund via the MCC.
SOCIAL MEDIA Please support our scholarship by serving as a Social Media Ambassador. When you like and share our posts on FB, it helps get the word out about our non-profit organization. #NCHSAlumniScholarship
PLANNING A CLASS REUNION? Considering inviting the NCHS Alumni Scholarship Fund! Help us promote awareness of our non-profit and raise funds through ticket sales or a 50/50 raffle.
Updated: July 25, 2016